The long stroke, low frequency DuraStim pump is comprised of six individual pump units and fluid ends driven by a constant speed 6,600 VAC motor and four hydraulic rotary pumps. The design is enabled by computerized synchronization, control, and automation that closely orchestrates the pump's operation and response.
The DuraStim pump is the industry's first variable displacement frac pump. Its pump rate is determined hydraulically, in contrast with conventional fracturing pumps where engine speed and gear ratio determine rate.
DuraStim® Hydraulic Fracturing Pump
The challenges of executing multi-well pad completions with triplex and quintuplex pumps have come to an end with a fundamental advance in pump technology designed specifically for continuous duty hydraulic fracturing.
AFGlobal's revolutionary DuraStim® 6,000 HP hydraulic fracturing pump is a far-reaching change in pump designand performance that:
- Dramatically lowers the cost of ownership
- Greatly improves operational performance
- Creates many new safety and environmental advantages
The DuraStim technology redefines the frac pump with abroad set of patents and innovations. The results are game changing from every perspective:
- It is a fully automated, electric long stroke (48-in.) pump,featuring low frequency (~20 cycles per minute), and eliminates high cycle rates that quickly destroy the fluidends of conventional plunger pumps
- It provides more than twice the horsepower of a conventional pump unit in the same footprint
- Its electric motor prime mover eliminates the burden of Tier 4 diesel emission standards, and greatly reduces noise pollution
The DuraStim pump is built for the extreme demands of long duration, high pressure hydraulic fracturing. Durability and reliability are keys to performance on the pad, and to a much lower cost of ownership.
Long stroke, low frequency hydraulic operation saves fluid ends from damaging high cycle rates. Fast ramp up to target rates and "soft" pump rate changes further improve the life of fluid ends. The resulting increase in durability is a step change in achieving longer service life and lower maintenance costs.
Continuous duty pumping is reinforced at multiple levels. Field failures are reduced with Cloudenabled predictive maintenance, while built-in diagnostics simplify troubleshooting. The DuraStim system stays on line with six discrete pump units that can be individually disabled while the rest are kept running. Its individual fluid ends are replaced as needed, while quick-change valve cartridges expedite routine maintenance.